RESIDENTIAL COURSES AND EVENTS
A £50 deposit is required to make a booking. Deposits are non-refundable. A place on a course cannot be guaranteed until the deposit has been received. The balance of fees is payable eight weeks before the course starts.
Deposits and full fees can be transferred to another person to attend the same course.
Deposits and full fees cannot be transferred between courses.
No reductions or refunds are available to students arriving late or leaving early.
Additional cancellation charges will be made as follows:
From six weeks before start date – forfeit 100%
The full fee paid will be refunded if it is necessary for Denman to cancel a course.
Change of Content, Tutor or Price
We make every effort to run courses as advertised. However, there may be occasions when we have to change course content, prices and/or tutors. Denman reserves the right to make these changes. In such instances, no reductions or refunds are available and the normal Cancellation Policy applies.
Where a course or event was advertised at a higher price and has subsequently been reduced, Denman will refund the difference. Where the course price was advertised at a lower price and has subsequently been increased, Denman will honour the lower price until the date the error was realised. After this date, customers will be required to pay the correct, increased price.
If a Federation or WI bursary holder cancels her booking up to six weeks before the course start date, the bursary can be transferred to another course or member. Where part of the course was funded by the member, this money will be refunded.
After the six week point, no transfers of the bursary element between courses will be permitted and the above cancellation charges will be applied to any part funded element.
For Federation or WI bursary cancellations, written confirmation must be provided by the Federation or WI concerned.
DAY SCHOOLS, MORNING/EVENING CLASSES, NON-RESIDENTIAL EVENTS AND B&B BOOKINGS BY INDIVIDUALS
The full cost must be paid on booking. A £20 administration charge is non-refundable. Thereafter the above cancellation policy applies.
We strongly advise insuring against cancellation.
You can’t be sure that you will not have to cancel your booking due to unforeseen circumstances, but Denman is a business and, as such, we keep strictly to our Cancellation Policy. Therefore, we strongly advise that you take out cancellation insurance.
Information on a company that offers this type of insurance, Cancelsure, is available here: www.cancelsure-insurance.co.uk. This is not a recommendation. There are other companies who offer this kind of service. It is also advisable to check your own insurance policy to see whether you are already insured.
Seven Day Cooling Off Period
For bookings by individuals a seven-day cooling off period applies. If you cancel your booking within the ‘cooling off period’ you will be entitled to a full refund (including your deposit), pursuant to the Consumer Protection Regulations.
For bookings made by telephone or via our website, the first of these seven days is the day on which the booking is made. For bookings made by post, the cooling off period begins two days after you send your application form to Denman.
If you make a booking on a date which is less than seven working days before the start date of the course or event in question, you agree that services can be provided before the end of the cooling off period and that your right to cancel will cease upon the commencement of the course or event.
Denman must receive notification of your wish to cancel within the cooling off period in writing, either by post, by hand or by email.
Denman offers the following discounts:
• Denman Visit Discount – Anyone who has visited Denman in the last 7 days for any paid course, event or visit is entitled to 10% off when they book on a residential course or day school, not including events and special events
• Friends of Denman – Anyone who is a Friend of Denman gets 10% off courses and events, including special events
• Marketing Discount – These offers are sent out in marketing campaigns with strict deadlines and inclusion criteria
The following T&Cs apply to all discounts:
• Discounts are offered and applied at the discretion of Denman. They cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and only one discount can be applied per booking.
• Winter Sale courses have already been heavily discounted and therefore no other discounts will be applied.
• Discounts, except Friends of Denman, will not be applied to special events, such as the New Year's House Party.
• Discounts are non-transferable.
• It is the customer’s responsibility to refer to their discount on booking. A discount cannot be claimed retrospectively once a booking has been made.
• To claim a discount, please call the Guest Services team on 01865 391 991. Discounted bookings cannot currently be made online.
• A non-refundable deposit is required for all bookings made with a discount and Denman’s usual cancellation policy will apply to these bookings.
• Discounts cannot be used on Federation visits, as these are already discounted.
The NFWI has a policy of respecting the rights and privacy of visitors to this website. Any information you have provided will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act, and for payment of a small fee, you may obtain a report detailing all the information that this organisation holds about you.