Due to the outbreaks of Coronavirus and the subsequent confirmed cases in the UK, we at Denman take the health and safety of our visitors and staff very seriously, so we are sharing guidance from Public Health England on steps you should be taking.
There is currently no cause for concern at the college, but we will keep you informed about any developments and ensure we are keeping the college clean to prevent the spread of any virus.
Prevent the spread of infection
Make sure you and your family follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or come to the college
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
If you, or members of your family, have returned from an affected area in the last 14 days
If you become unwell:
- Stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with other flu viruses
- Follow the home isolation advice sheet
- Call NHS 111 immediately in order for you to be assessed by an appropriate specialist on hospital, as quickly as possible
Symptoms to look out for:
If you’ve returned from an affected area, look out for the following symptoms:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Fever (a temperature of 38 degrees C or higher)
If you have any of these symptoms:
- If it’s an emergency, call 999 and tell them which country you have returned from in the past 14 days
- If you’re unwell, but it’s not an emergency, call NHS 111 and tell them which country you have returned from in the past 14 days
While you wait for further advice:
- Avoid contact with others
- Stay at home – don’t go to work or come to the college
- Don’t travel while sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing, throwing tissues in the bin
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available).