Floral Tutorial: Bright Sunflowers with Anna Stevens
Brighten any room in an instant with a fantastically fresh arrangement that will bring a smile to your face. What’s amazing about this design? You can create something from nothing! The display is self-supporting and can be assembled in a matter of minutes. This one’s definitely another winner from tutor Anna Steven, who shows you everything you need to know in this step-by-step guide!
You Will Need…
- Phormium leaves
- Evergreen shrub heads
- Gardening foam
- Shallow tray
- Green organza ribbon
- A few pins
- Step 1: Prepare your shallow tray with a rectangular cut block of gardening foam
- Step 2: Angle a length of phormium leaf, arch it and stick each end into the foam. Repeat up the design at regular intervals.
- Step 3: Cut down the length of each sunflower, leaving the head and a little stem. Stick these in-between your phormium arches.
- Step 4: Insert sprays of shrub clippings to cover any visible garden foam.
- Step 5: Cut further leaves into points and place these below the arched leaves to fan out.
- Step 6: Bunch organza ribbon into rosettes – these can be added to the design secured by a pin.
Et voila! Bright and beautiful – your sunflowers are all dressed up and ready to go!
We very much hope that you’ve enjoyed this tutorial and would love to see your interpretations of the design! If you do give it a go, please feel free to send any photos in to firstname.lastname@example.org – it’s always a pleasure to share your creations on our social media! You can also use #MadeAtDenman to tag your photos on Twitter and Instagram.
Explore our courses in flower arranging…
For more information about our Cocktails & Flowers event on Tuesday 27th November 2018, click here…