Floral Tutorial: Contemporary Roses with Anna Stevens
Contemporary thinking? Using no foam in your flower arranging! Instead, give the illusion of floating rose heads, contrasted with metal wire in this eye-catching arrangement. Learn how to achieve the look in this step-by-step guide with tutor Anna Stevens, for you to easily try at home!
You Will Need…
- A Shallow Glass Bowl
- Fountain Grass
- Step 1: Take up your pliers and use these to twist lengths of wire as shown above.
- Step 2: Rest the wire coils that you have created on top of the bowl – use balance here to build up the structure that will support your roses!
- Step 3: Remove the leaves from your roses and, one-by-one, place them through the wire so that their heads are supported at the neck.
- Step 4: Move around the bowl adding more roses, you should get a criss-cross of stems floating just above the base of the vase.
- Step 5: The final flourish here is to add your fountain grass to fan out from the roses. Yes, it’s really that simple!
We very much hope that you’ve enjoyed this tutorial and would love to see your interpretations of the design! If you do give it a go, please feel free to send any photos in to email@example.com – it’s always a pleasure to share your creations on our social media! You can also use #MadeAtDenman to tag your photos on Twitter and Instagram.
Explore our courses in flower arranging…
For more information about our Cocktails & Flowers event on Tuesday 27th November 2018, click here…