Online Course : A Taster of Complete Garment Pattern Alteration and Fitting with Marion
Sign Up Now: £5.00
Wednesday, 30 September 2020 at 1:30PM
Ends: Wednesday, 30 September 2020 at 2:30PM
Available spaces: 26
Tutor: Marion Scott-Baker
Paper patterns (and most readymade clothes) are designed to fit a woman who is 5”6” tall and a ’B’ cup, but few women match this profile. There are 86 possible figure variations that affect the fit of a garment and affect the appearance and comfort of the wearer but all is not lost!
Join Marion for this taster course which will be demonstration and talk based to give you an idea of what to expect of her longer 4-part course which will be running over 4 consecutive weeks from 14th October - 4th November 2020 where you will learn how to:
- measure the four quartiles of your body accurately
- choose the correct size of pattern for your size and shape
- apply your measurements to your paper pattern
- the sequence and method of adjusting any pattern for a perfect fit
- how to diagnose problems by ‘reading’ folds and wrinkles
- how to make your own block
Make sure you have a pen handy as there will be lots of tips to pick up on during this taster course and an opportunity to ask questions.
Zoom log in details will be included at the bottom of your confirmation email after you have registered.
(If you do not receive a confirmation email please check your spam/junk email boxes)
New dates coming soon