Online Course : Freehand Machine Embroidery with Stacey - Basic Colour Blending Circles (Saturday)
Sign Up Now: £5.00
Sign Up Nowq: £5.00
Select Number of Participants: £5.00
Saturday, 24 April 2021 at 3:00PM
Ends: Saturday, 24 April 2021 at 4:00PM
Available spaces: 188
Tutor: Stacey Chapman
Create an attractive pattern with freehand machine embroidery whilst dipping your toe into the possibilities of colour blending with this versatile craft. The overlapping circles created from simple coloured lines allow you to demonstrate the basic principles of colour blending with freehand. During this session you will practise drawing straight lines with free motion which will increase your control and conﬁdence for future projects. You will discover another way to create form and depth with stitch. Plus the result will create an attractive sample that could be used for a picture, a card, quilting patch, small cushion or something else!
This beginners course is the perfect follow on from the Basics, Kitten and Doodle workshops. However, if you have never tried free motion embroidery before, this may still suit your skill level, however prior to the course it is advised to purchase a download of the PDF of Basics Freehand Machine Embroidery for £2.50 (information on this included after booking) and practise beforehand, as we won’t be covering all of the basic principles and equipment during this session.
Information Document, Materials List and Zoom log in details will be included at the bottom of your confirmation email after you have registered.
(If you do not receive a confirmation email please check your spam/junk email boxes or sign into your Denman account on our website www.denman.org.uk/your-account/ )
Materials Required To Sew Along:
- Sewing machine
- Darning foot attached to your machine
- A sharp sewing machine needle or replacements if required
- An 8 inch wooden embroidery hoop
- Heavy weight tear away stabiliser slightly larger than your fabric a.k.a. Interfacing or Bondaweb
- Sharp pointed Embroidery Scissors
- Something circular to draw around with a diameter of about 6 - 8cm. (I used a roll of magic tape)
- A water soluble pen or chalk that can be wiped or washed oﬀ of the fabric
- A dark grey heavy weight fabric of about 25cm square
- A selection of coloured poly cotton machine thread
New dates coming soon