Online Course : Freehand Machine Embroidery with Stacey - Ornate Plate (Saturday)
Sign Up Now: £5.00
Sign Up Nowq: £5.00
Select Number of Participants: £5.00
Saturday, 15 May 2021 at 1:30PM
Ends: Saturday, 15 May 2021 at 3:00PM
Available spaces: 197
Tutor: Stacey Chapman
Using just one colour to draw with our sewing machines, create this glorious Antique plate on a pre purchased fabric template, you will create a beautiful, unique piece to add to your home or as a gift to be displayed as a picture or used as a decorative table place matt.
This is a great, relaxing beginners or improvers project, (please see note below*), that allows you just to enjoy the process of lyrically tracing the curved lines with your sewing machine needle. During this course you will improve your accuracy whilst drawing with thread over the printed lines as well as getting used to your sewing machine and building your conﬁdence in the practise of freehand machine embroidery.
*This beginners/improvers course is the perfect follow on from the Basics, Kitten and Doodle workshops. However, if you have never tried free motion embroidery before, this would still suit your skill but prior to the course please purchase a download of the PDF of Basics Freehand Machine Embroidery for £2.50 (information to purchase this will be included in the information document attached to your confirmation email upon booking) and practise beforehand, as we won’t be covering all of the basic principles and equipment during this session.
Information Document, Materials List and Zoom log in details will be included at the bottom of your confirmation email after you have registered.
(If you do not receive a confirmation email please check your spam/junk email boxes or sign into your Denman account on our website www.denman.org.uk/your-account/ )
Materials Required to Sew Along:
- Printed Fabric Design on heavy weight gaberdine fabric of ornate plate design. (This costs £8.00 plus p&p - information to purchase this will be included in the information document attached to your confirmation email upon booking) Please place orders in time to allow for postage before the course if you wish to sew along.
- Sewing machine in good working order, pre-tested before the class with the feed dogs dropped (This project can also be hand stitched by following the same guidance on the stitch mark making process shown during the course, simply using your own interpretation of how to transfer the thread painting into hand stitch).
- Darning foot attached to your machine beforehand, ensuring it is the correct model for your machine
- A sharp sewing machine needle or replacements if required
- An 8 inch wooden embroidery hoop
- Heavy weight tear away stabiliser slightly larger than your fabric a.k.a. Interfacing or Bondaweb (If you have medium weight to hand, you can simply use two layers and if iron on, this does not need to be ironed on, simply place in your hoop sandwich, doesn’t matter which side up)
- Sharp pointed Embroidery Scissors
- Blue Polycotton Machine Thread (Navy or a Royal mid tone, or a combination of both)
- Pre-ﬁlled Bobbin in matching thread
New dates coming soon