Online Course : Ways to Wellbeing with Claire - How Holistic Practices Can Work For You - Taster Session
Sign Up Now: £5.00
Tuesday, 10 August 2021 at 1:00PM
Ends: Tuesday, 10 August 2021 at 2:00PM
Available spaces: 187
Tutor: Claire Cornell
Health is often defined as the absence of physical disease or sickness. However, this definition lacks the comprehensiveness of a broader approach. Holistic well-being practices are those that take into account the whole person and their interdependent needs: physical, mental, emotional, nutritional, social, spiritual, intellectual and environmental. Working holistically with these needs is arguably what enables a person to truly live each day in the healthiest, happiest and most fulfilling way possible.
With so many holistic practices out there, it can be difficult to know which ones might work for you and why. This taster session will give an overview of some of the most popular holistic practices and then introduce some simple ways you can add a range of these practices into your everyday life. The taster will include:
- An overview of holistic practices, their benefits and why people use them
- What are my holistic needs and how to meet them?
- An introduction to the popular practices of Yoga, Chi Kung, Aromatherapy, massage, meditation, mindfulness and relaxation techniques (with optional participation)
- Top tips for quick and easy ways you can lower your stress levels and improve your wellbeing with nutrition and lifestyle
Participation in the taster session practical activities is optional and no special equipment is required.
Zoom log in details will be included at the bottom of your confirmation email after you have registered.
(If you do not receive a confirmation email please check your spam/junk email boxes or sign into your Denman account on our website www.denman.org.uk/your-account/ )
A Little More About Claire:
Claire has spent over 25 years teaching in adult education and the community. She is a fully qualified and widely experienced Advanced Hatha Yoga Teacher. Claire is also a qualified and experienced aromatherapy and massage therapist and teacher of Chi Kung, Mindfulness and Nutrition. She has a passion for sharing the wonderful benefits of holistic practices with everyone.
Possible 4-Part Course:
If there is enough student interest we will be looking to offer a 4-part weekly course after this taster session which will go into more depth with practical and safe ways of incorporating each of these different practices into your life so you can choose ways that work for you:
- Choosing holistic movement to suit your needs: Yoga classes/Yoga Therapy/Chi Kung/Mindful Movement
- Simple nutritional and lifestyle tips for health and balance
- Stress management, relaxation, meditation and mindfulness practices you can use in daily life
- Easy ways of adding aromatherapy and self-massage into your life
New dates coming soon